Join Team Holcombe
As we recover from this economic downturn, we are going to need our state government to work as hard as it can for us. Our goal is not getting back to “normal;” it’s moving forward. Our leaders at the state level need to be working proactively, and bringing people together, to rebuild stronger. We cannot cut our way to prosperity. More than ever, we must invest in people. We must invest in strong safety nets and in programs that prevent people from needing safety nets in the first place.
When it comes to funding our state government, the wealthy absolutely must pay their fair share. In addition, we have to manage on a tight budget, especially given the economic position many Vermonters are in right now. I have managed a tight budget before. When I took over the Agency of Education, its budget was slashed 40%, so I made sure every program had maximum impact. As Governor, I will do the same thing. To get the most done for Vermonters, I will invest in programs that accomplish more than one goal, so we get the most value out of our money.
- Rebecca Holcombe: Building Vermont’s Green Energy Economy
- Rebecca Holcombe: Recommendations for the Future of the Vermont College System
- Vermont College Closures is a Question of Values
- Caring for the Healthcare Professionals that Care for Us
- Rebecca Holcombe Calls on Legislature to Address Education Funding Inequities
- State of the State: Kicking the Can Down the Road
- Op-Ed: “We need a governor who helps workers”
- Rebecca Holcombe Condemns Health Care Rate Increase; releases proposals to lower health care costs for Vermonters