Join Team Holcombe
Climate change is the existential threat of our time, and needs to be treated as such. Addressing climate change goes well beyond keeping our planet healthy. In fact, it is about opportunity. Transitioning to local, green energy puts our scarce dollars to work creating opportunity and paying good wages right here in Vermont.
We need to be doing all we can to build our local green energy economy. This is how we will make our state more resilient and more prosperous. As Governor, I will:
- Boost new, in-state, green and renewable generation.
- Manage the transition to a green energy future in a way that is fair and equitable.
- Encourage investment by Vermont residents in Vermont renewables.
- Strengthen our workforce.
- Work towards electrification of home heating and transportation, and invest in weatherization of our housing stock.
- Modify regulatory oversight of our utilities to incentivize our emerging green energy economy, storage solutions and smart grid solutions.
- Partner with neighboring states on transportation solutions.
- Develop streamlined permitting and support for housing investments that expedite development of climate-friendly, green-energy powered affordable homes in walkable downtowns.